Identifies, researches, and resolves technical software and hardware problems of computer users. Responds to customer correspondence and personnel requests. Documents and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution. Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, the essential duties of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interviews users to collect information about problem and leads through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Guide customers to the best use of the software to suit their diverse business needs while recommending additional resources to customers.
- Logs and tracks calls using Autotask, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Writes or revises user training manuals and software procedures.
- Assists with on-call shifts for after hours support (overtime pay).
- Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Training and/or certification in technology specific fields are preferred.
- Associates or 2 years related technical experience.
- Pass Level I & II Certification test after hire.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Visual FoxPro Database software, Internet Explorer, Autotask Project Management software, GoTo Meeting, Laplink and PCAnywhere remote assistance software
- Operating systems Windows 2000
- Configuration and set up of modern hardware and software.
- Customer service oriented
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
Job Location/Required Travel
This job is at the Turlock, CA headquarters. There is no travel for this position.
The pay range for this position is $13 - $20 per hour
401(k), Tuition Assistance, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, Holidays and Vacation.
About The Company
Advantage Route Systems is a software development company that is the global leader in Route Accounting software. We are a dynamic company that is looking for team members who are self-motivated, reliable, and capable of prioritizing their workload to complete duties under varied time constraints and customer demands.
Advantage Route Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.